5-MTHF, also known as methylfolate, is the active form of the vitamin folate, and can be used by the body immediately. Vimergy 5-MTHF provides 5mg of highly-absorbable methylfolate per capsule to support your brain health. The addition of 500mcg of B12 from a blend of adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin brings further enhancement to Vimergy 5-MTHF.
Folate is an essential vitamin. It’s essential for cell division and the synthesis of amino acids and nucleic acids. Methylfolate regulates the synthesis of three important neurotransmitters: serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. If you’re looking for support for brain health and cognitive function, 5-MTHF can help. It also supports healthy homocysteine levels.
- Folate supports brain health
- 5-MTHF supplementation supports healthy homocysteine levels
- Long-term supplementation (>3 years) with folate supports healthy cognitive function in individuals 50 years of age and older.
- Each capsule contains 5mg (5,000mcg) of 5-MTHF (methylfolate) and 500mcg of B12 from adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin as an enhancement to the 5-MTHF.
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Soy-Free, Vegan, Paleo
- No Citric Acid, No Rice Flour, No Gelatin
More about Folate and Methylfolate:
- Folate is one of 13 essential vitamins for humans.
- Methylfolate is the active form of the vitamin folate, and can be used by the body immediately. Folic acid, the synthetic form of folate, cannot be used by the body until after it is converted to methylfolate.
- Methylfolate can enter the brain immediately through the blood brain barrier. Folic acid must first be converted to methylfolate before it can cross the blood brain barrier.
- Methylfolate regulates the synthesis of three important neurotransmitters: serotonin; dopamine; and norepinephrine.
- Folate is essential in the synthesis of amino acids and nucleic acids. Insufficient quantities of folate in the diet can result in dangerous alterations in DNA and protein synthesis.
- Folate is essential for cell division.
- Women who consume healthy diets with adequate folate during their childbearing years may reduce their risk of having a child with neural tube birth defects. Sources of folate include fruit, vegetables, whole grain products, and dietary supplements.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the production of energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for healthy metabolic function.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for maintaining normal function of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for red blood cell production.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for DNA synthesis.